Developing the established primary science leader NY003
Discover engaging primary science, explore best practice and interact with research.
If you have been a primary science subject leader for three years or more, this course will give you the strategies and support to help you move science forward in your school.
You will explore current best practice and identify ways of implementing this in your school. You will be able to extend your teaching and leadership skills using evidence-based research, discussions and debate with peers and science education experts.
Who is it for?
This course is for primary science subject leaders who have three or more years’ experience.
What topics are covered?
This six day course covers:
- what is outstanding teaching and learning in science?
- understanding standards and expectation in primary science
- developing rigorous and meaningful whole school assessment practices
- how to work with others and lead science in your school
Not sure yet? Here is a free taster which will give you a better understanding of what to expect once you join the course. Please note, this is a free short activity you can do in your own time.
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered face to face with participant tasks to be completed between sessions.
How long is this course?
This is a six day residential course. You will spend two days each term exploring different elements of primary science leadership including, teaching and learning, curriculum, assessment, and leadership.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- define and reflect upon outstanding teaching and learning in primary science
- engage and inspire children and colleagues
- develop your own personal effectiveness as a leader of primary science and its assessment across the school
- produce an action plan to implement and evaluate your learning journey
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.