Teachers in Wales only: Incredible oceans: how to use the oceans as a science topic NW045 / A21
TEACHERS IN WALES ONLY: A one day, face to face course looking at our incredible oceans and how to use the oceans as a science topic.
Practicals will include:
- Ocean circulation (density)
- Fish dissection (anatomy + adaptations)
- Hagfish hydrogels (material science applications)
- Bioluminescence (chemical reactions)
- Seaweed chlorophyll chromatography (chemical reactions)
- Salt water chemistry (electricity and electrolysis)
- Oil spill clean-up (rates of reaction)
- Marine machines (forces)
- Plastic problems (chemical reactions)
Any enquiries, please email Wales Administrator: email@example.com
Who is it for?
KS2 Teachers in Wales only
What topics are covered?
Oceans, earth science, science.
How will you learn?
Face to face
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
- the knowledge bringing science in to the topic of Oceans
- confidence in delivering practical Ocean themed activities in the classroom
|1 Teachers in Wales only: Incredible oceans: how to use the oceans as a science topic||04 July 2022||09:30-15:30||Techniquest|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£25.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£25.00||Standard bursary available*£165.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available