Reaching for grade 9 in science NY270 / A22
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- Assessing understanding through practical work
- Building on required practical work across all three sciences
- Developing extended answers
- Maths skills for high ability
- Looking at the tricky bits across all three sciences
- Misconceptions and how to challenge them
- Working scientifically - Assessment Objective 3
- Planning progression and making it easier for future year groups
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
I am the Professional Development Leader for Physics at the National STEM Centre in York. I lead course based around physics from ages 11-19, and...
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify suitable strategies to enhance delivery of difficult science topics
- explore practical activities to stretch, challenge and embed understanding
- support students in applying their knowledge in unfamiliar contexts
- better support your students with the challenges of the exams
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 1||21 September 2022||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 2||22 September 2022||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 3||12 December 2022||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 4||13 December 2022||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available