Maths subject knowledge: fractions, decimals and percentages NE205 / B21
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- what is a fraction?
- expressing fractions as decimals and as percentages.
- multiplying fractions, decimals and percentages.
- adding and subtracting fractions, decimals and percentages.
- dividing with decimals and fractions.
- delving deeper into percentages.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Michael Anderson
• Stephen Lyon
• Paula Kelly
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify why students find the concept of fractions demanding.
- develop strategies to enable students to demonstrate their understanding, and use, of fractions.
- explore the links between fractions, decimals and percentages and become fluent in their application in differing contexts.
- demonstrate an understanding of the mathematical structure - not just teach the ‘tricks’.
- solve mathematical problems in context.
|Maths subject knowledge: fractions, decimals and percentages||03 January 2022||00:00-00:00|
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to your details being shared with FutureLearn under their Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and your progress on this course will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive access to the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£126.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£162.00|
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available